On January 7 at 10 p.m., Science of Speed will be sponsoring #RunChat.
What’s #RunChat you ask? This weekly gathering on Twitter brings together runners of all abilities and experience levels to talk about all things running. It’s a fun and engaging way to connect, share, and learn with other athletes from across the country. Science of Speed is all about empowering athletes, so it made sense to kick off 2018 by participating.
Why join in? It’s always fun to meet and chat with other endurance junkies, but we have a great incentive too. By partnering with #RunChat, we’re offering the chance to win a two-month coaching packages for three athletes who participate in #RunChat on January 7. We are also planning some other fun giveaways like SoS Swag. Keep your eye out for a special discount if you don’t win! #RunChat selects the winner — all you have to do is come on and participate.
So, how do you participate? Easy — here’s the 411:
- Sign up for or sign into Twitter.
- Long on at 10 p.m. ET the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month and at 8 p.m. ET the 2nd and 4th Sunday. (These are the standard times for #RunChat!)
- Follow @Science_o_speed and @TheRunChat .
- Beginning at 10 p.m. ET on January 7, look for the first question to come up from @TheRunChat.
- Questions are asked by placing a “Q:” in front of the tweet. When responding, put “A:” at the beginning of your tweet! Always use the #RunChat hashtag to ensure your post is seen. Every 10 minutes, a new question will be asked.
- Example: “Q1: What is your favorite recovery drink?” “A1: I love Chocolate Milk!”
- Search for the #RunChat hashtag to see responses from others (we reccomend opening a second tab so you can toggle back and forth!) and interact with your fellow runners!
- At the end of the chat, winners will be announced!
Mark your calendar and we’ll see you in the Twitterverse.